Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Saitama and Tokyo

My friends and I took the night bus to Tokyo the day after getting back from the IES trip.












Saitama was awesome, as usual. I was a little sad that I spent the whole first day there, since I had been hoping to go into Tokyo, but it was a good time because Miki had a whole lot of her friends over. People kept on showing up with bags of snacks and soda, and we actually ate almost all of them. The Japanese make so many types of snacks; we had chips and also chocolate, cookies, corn-soup-flavored puffy things....it was intense.






I met a couple new people, as well. Everyone was from the tennis club, though. And Hukki gave me the movie "NANA"! It's in Japanese, but I may be able to figure out a way to understand it. I love that movie :)

I feel really bad for Miki.....Friday I returned from Tokyo kind of late, but the bus taking me from the train station to Miki's house was supposed to be still running. However, I think it was a holiday, meaning they stopped at 10. I called Miki, and she ended up biking over to take me back. It was awfully fun.....except that right at her doorstop, we got stopped by the cops for riding two to a bike. Everyone does it, but I suppose it's technically illegal. Like jaywalking, I guess. Miki said it's nothing to worry about, although it does seem a little worrisome the Japanese police now have my contact information.

Went to Omiya with Miki one day when it was raining. _It seems to be the closest place to go shopping, something Miki enjoys :)

1 comment:

erik hogstrom said...

I love the photo of the little kid hanging from the handles in the train. How long did that kid hang on like that?