Monday, March 10, 2008

Itariamura (Italian Village)

More to follow.

On Saturday we went to Nagoya Port and the Italian Village, four of my friends and my host sister. We had a konbini (convenience store) picnic by the water and walked around the little "canals" in the sunset. I'll have to look up the history of the place, but it's pretty weird. It sort of has the feel of an amusement park, because you walk past some blank walls and you're in a completely fabricated Venice with little canals and gondolas and everything. I wish I could have gotten a good photo, but there were a whole bunch of girls in full fluffy pink getup with the hair and makeup and nails and everything in one of the gondolas. I took some photos of them leaving, though.




















1 comment:

Joey Brunelle said...

Just fyi...your Italy is much more polished than my Italy...WAY cleaner, too. :-)